The Muy’Ono Resort Collection presents some of Belize’s finest wedding venues and allows you to collaborate with one of the country’s best wedding planners. Lizbeth Casasola is the creative force behind Muy’Ono Weddings and an integral part of the Muy’Ono team, transforming destination wedding dreams into reality. Discover more about Liz, what makes Belize an exceptional choice for destination weddings, and her expert advice for planning an unforgettable celebration!
Liz boasts nearly two decades of expertise in group travel planning. With an eye for detail and a passion for turning visions into reality, she has coordinated numerous breathtaking weddings, retreats, and events in Belize.
One of her favorite parts of destination wedding planning is the day of execution, where all the hard work seamlessly aligns, and the couple is immersed in that unforgettable “WOW” moment. She loves how each wedding and couple is unique and enjoys the connection established with brides during the wedding planning process through the wedding day.
Reasons To Work With Muy’Ono Weddings
1.All-Inclusive Wedding Packages: Muy’Ono Weddings makes destination wedding planning a breeze for couples. All-inclusive wedding packages can be tailored to each pair, including everything from the venue and accommodations to a personal wedding planner and decorations. Whether you want three or thirty guests, Muy’Ono Weddings has everything you need.
2. Trusted Vendors: You don’t have to worry about finding a photographer or the flowers not showing up on time with Muy’Ono Resorts. Liz and her team only work with the area’s most trusted and professional vendors to provide additional services for your destination wedding. From entertainment and decorations to food and accommodations, there is something to fit every style and budget.
3. Personal Wedding Planner: Liz is your only go-to girl for your Belize wedding. Having one responsive and knowledgeable point of contact during this process helps ease any stresses of planning your big day from so far away. Liz helps you and your guests from start to finish, including flights, rooms, adventures, food, marriage documents, and more.
4. Jungle, Beach, & Island: The Muy’Ono Resort Collection features jungle, beach, and island resorts for any wedding style and size. Liz is an expert on each resort and works closely with you to ensure the venue is everything you imagined. Find a unique ceremony site and the ideal reception venue, and tie it together with unforgettable accommodations amidst breathtaking backdrops.
Tips For Planning A Destination Wedding
1. Book Early: It’s essential to reserve your wedding resort or venue in advance to ensure availability, especially if you have a specific date or destination in mind.
2. Tailor Your Dress To The Destination: Belize is often hot and humid. Be sure to consider the weather when picking your dress, and choose fabrics and styles that will keep you comfortable in the tropical climate.
3. Hire A Wedding Planner: To enhance your wedding planning experience, consider hiring a coordinator, especially when planning from a distance or if you’re new to Belize. With Muy’Ono Resorts, you’ll have a single point of contact, making the process more enjoyable and stress-free.
4. Your On Belize Time: Planning weddings in Belize can be slightly different from what you might be used to in the USA. Here, we have a more relaxed approach to time, often called “Island Time.” This is why Liz always recommends that wedding couples hire a wedding coordinator so they can focus on the wedding experience and hitting a special milestone.
Reasons Belize Is Perfect For Destination Weddings
1. The People: Belize is home to some of the most welcoming and friendly people! Everyone goes above and beyond to share this incredible destination’s history, culture, and beauty.
2. The Venues: From reef to jungle, waterfall to Mayan site, Belize offers a range of wedding resorts and venues. Choose from unique ceremony sites, accommodations, and unforgettable experiences.
3. The Privacy: Belize is sometimes referred to as the Caribbean’s best-kept secret. The country sees fewer visitors than some of its tropical counterparts, providing a private and memorable destination wedding experience.
4. The Culture: Destination weddings are the perfect time to immerse in local cultures, and Muy’Ono Resorts makes it easy. From local cruising to Garifuna drumming at receptions, there are many ways to incorporate culture into your Belize wedding.
5. The Weather: Belize enjoys a favorable, tropical climate year-round, allowing you to enjoy the scenic backdrops without worries. Escape the cold back home and bring your friends and family to the islands or jungles to celebrate your love.
Top Experiences For Couples And Guests
1. Explore Xunantunich by Horseback: The best way to get to the ancient Maya site, Xunantunich, is to ride a horse through the jungle valley, over the hand-cranked ferry, and to this history-filled sanctuary. Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the lush Belizean rainforest on this unforgettable journey.
2. Escape to a Private Island: Ranguana Caye is a 2-acre island along the Belize Barrier Reef with paddle boards, kayaks, volleyball games, snorkeling, hammocks, and the best Belizean BBQ lunch. Indulge in the ultimate tropical paradise experience, where you can bask in the sun, explore the vibrant marine life, and savor delicious local cuisine.
3. Experience a Shaman Mayan Cleansing: Turning to the jungle to find remedies in herbs and plants, this Mayan cleansing tradition is believed to purify the souls of newlyweds and their guests. Allow the ancient wisdom of the Maya to rejuvenate your spirits and create lasting memories of your special day.
Destination Weddings Stories From Muy’Ono Resorts
Learn more about Liz’s memorable wedding and event planning through the heartfelt words of previous couples. These stories from our jungle, beach, and island venues offer a glimpse into the magic of Belize destination weddings.
“Perfect Wedding Destination” Thatch Caye Resort
“My now-husband and I, along with 32 close family and friends, had THE BEST wedding + reception on Thatch Caye. We were able to rent the entire island with only our wedding guests for several days. Liz, the wedding planner, went above and beyond to make sure our dreams became reality. Eliza, the chef, absolutely killed it the whole week we were there – and no meals were ever repeated! We staved in an over water bungalow, with a hammock ideal for star gazing. During our stay, we got to lobster/conch/crab hunt while snorkeling, scuba dive, fish off the island, and receive THE BEST 90-minute hot stone couples’ massage. The bartenders, Daniel and Kamau, were so friendly and made a deliciousssss pina colada. The entire staff were so incredibly nice and accommodating. Already planning our next trip, or maybe a different Muy’Ono Resort?”
“Destination Wedding in Belize” Hopkins Bay Resort
“Our stay at Hopkins Bay was an incredible experience. Planning a wedding is such an overwhelming time, but with the assistance of Lizbeth C. all of our dreams came true. From planning the smallest of details to large ones, like a 15 person wedding party excursion – Lizbeth was on the ball. Lizbeth went above and beyond for us and our family. Not only did my husband and I know we could rely on her, but so did ALL of my loved ones. She has an amazing talent in designing/planning weddings, I knew I could trust all my ideas to come to life with her help. We were so thankful for her kindness and compassion during the whole process too. In general, all of the staff at Hopkins Bay was amazing – we could really tell everyone worked as a team to meet the guests’ needs. We are forever thankful and are excited to come back to Belize to stay at Muy Ono resorts!”
“They Made Our Wedding Magical!” Sweet Songs Jungle Lodge
“We recently had our wedding at Sweet Songs and it was everything we could have imagined and more! Liz, William, Milky, Derby, Nyair, Armenio Harmenio, and everyone else there was the most attentive, enthusiastic and helpful staff you could ever hope for! I don’t even know where to start because of how amazing it was. We took a complete chance by having our wedding at a resort in a country we had never been to, bringing 55 of our closest family and friends with the hope that everything would turn out the way we wanted it to. Liz and her team created the Arbor exactly as we wanted and it was epic! We then had a cocktail hour by the pool followed by the reception down at the beach. The stairway down was lit up beautifully and when we got down to the beach it was like something out of a movie! I would never have our wedding anywhere else after having it at Sweet Songs.”
Belize’s welcoming culture and breathtaking venues provide the ideal setting for your special day. Muy’Ono Weddings allows you to choose from the best wedding resorts and work with the most experienced planner, Lizbeth Casasola, to bring your dreams to life. Contact Liz at [email protected] to start planning today!